General Information for Patients being seen by a Frontier Health and Wellness Provider
With COVID-19 in Alaska many adjustments are being made and many events are being cancelled. Current patients of an FHW provider should come here for updates on how this may affect the health care they are receiving at FHW. Telemedicine appointments are an option for regularly scheduled appointments.
We are unable to complete Intake Assessments (both 1st and 2nd) via Telehealth
FOR THE TIME BEING FHW PROVIDERS WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE SERVICES FOR ITS CLIENTS
Masks are required
How can I protect myself from Covid-19?
- Wash hands regularly
Wear a facial covering when possible
Practice social distancing
Avoid large public gatherings
Click HERE for more detailed information from the CDC.
What should I do if I have flu-like symptoms?
- Call you primary care provider to determine the best course. There are many symptoms that are not associated with COVID-19. It is best to have accurate information before you decide - your primary care provider can help with this.
- If your primary care provider advises you not to come in for an appointment, then please inform us as soon as you can so that others in the community may be seen.
- If you discover you have contracted COVID-19 please inform us immediately so that we may:
- Determine what risk (if any) there may be to the other patients and staff at FHW.
- Relay information to other patients in a timely and appropriately manner.
- Adjust future appointments so that your care will not suffer significant interruption.
What is FHW doing to prevent Covid-19 in their offices?
What are some helpful resources?
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- State of Alaska Department of Health
- Municipality of Anchorage Health Department
What circumstances might result in a temporary lapse in services at FHW?
An announcement from the CDC or State Health Department that recommends limiting access to mental health clinics and/or services.
- A confirmed case of COVID-19 at FHW.
What is the current COVID-19 Policy At FHW?
Together, Frontier Health and Wellness in collaboration with its contracted providers are requesting that all patients adhere to the following guidelines regarding COVID-19.
*************** Masks are required in the Frontier Health and Wellness office ***************
If you/your child are sick we ask that you contact the office and either switch your appointment to telehealth (follow-up appts only) or reschedule.
If you have had a likely or verified case of COVID-19 you must have the following to be able to return to in-clinic appointments
- It must be 10 days after your first symptoms have appeared or from the date that you received a positive test
- You must have one negative test since the onset of symptoms before you/your child would be able to attend an appointment in clinic.
If you or someone in your home has had a close contact or exposure to COVID-19
- If you are NOT fully vaccinated it must be 14 days after your/your family members last exposure to that person
- You/your child have a negative COVID-19 test taken at least 5-7 days since the last exposure.
- If you/your child are fully vaccinated and show no symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to complete the 14-day quarantine, but do need to have a negative COVID-19 test taken at least 5-7 days after the exposure (even if you/your child are not symptomatic).
The health and safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost priority and we appreciate everyone’s patience as we all navigate these uncertain times.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.